With 320,000 full-time hashish jobs in 2021, authorized adult-use hashish in 17 states and D.C., and medical marijuana in 36 states, the U.S. hashish business continues to show its power and resiliency.
Seeking to supply a clearer image of the business, cannabis-focused government search and staffing agency CannabizTeam has launched its 2021 Cannabis Industry Salary Guide – Second Quarter Update.
The report seems into salaries for the preferred positions throughout the hashish area and examines hiring developments.
The up to date wage information additionally highlights modifications within the hashish industries over the previous interval.
“The future is bright, and we look forward to our continued role in placing exceptional talent at the industry’s leading companies,” CannabizTeam founder and CEO Liesl Bernard disclosed.
RELATED: Cannabis Industry Job Growth Up 50%
Some of the most well liked jobs in hashish are management positions, together with director of distribution, director of cultivation, vice chairman of product improvement, chief monetary officer, vice chairman of human sources, and vice chairman of retail, the report writes.
- Other key findings of the report embrace:
- Over the previous couple of years, hashish salaries spiked attributable to elevated demand that outpaced provide. In 2020, the median government wage grew by 10%, with the pattern persevering with within the first three months of 2021.
- The highest paying place in each 2020 and 2021 was chief government officer, with a mean base wage of $315,450 and $350,300, respectively, representing an 11% improve year-over-year.
- Chief operations officers adopted, incomes a mean of $232,700 in 2020 and $257,100 in 2021.
- The lowest paying jobs in hashish have been trimmer and model ambassador, with a mean annual wage of $32,250 and $33,500, respectively, in 2020. Over the continued yr, salaries elevated by 5% to $34,000 for trimmers and 6% to $35,550 for model ambassadors.
Hiring Trends: Diversity, Temp Workers & Non-Cannabis Talents
The burgeoning business continues to hunt range amongst its staff, as evidenced by the alternatives inside all hashish verticals for minority candidates.
The pattern of hiring short-term employees can also be evident, particularly for hard-to-fill jobs and to cowl full-time staff on well being or household go away.
RELATED: 32% Cannabis Job Growth In 2020, Despite COVID-19
The temp markets in California, Arizona, Illinois, Michigan, and Oklahoma are using temp jobs to take a look at the brand new employees earlier than everlasting hiring.
2020 additionally noticed C-suite hashish positions stuffed by seasoned consultants from outdoors the hashish business for the primary time.
Many hashish companies strengthened their teams by hiring beverage consultants. Food consultants adopted swimsuit.
Other industries that yielded hashish expertise embrace prescription drugs, in addition to agriculture, medical provides, shopper packaged items, expertise, and retail sectors.
California nonetheless tops the U.S. booming hashish job market with 24,000 new jobs created in 2020 and a complete of 58,000 folks working within the business. Gross gross sales amounted to $3.7 billion within the Golden State.