LONDON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Legal hashish is about to extend from $USD30 billion in 2020 to over $USD90 billion in 2025, as customers enhance their utilization in various elements of their lives, in accordance with international market analysis firm Euromonitor International.
In the white paper ‘Breaking Stereotypes: Getting to Know the Cannabis Consumer’ Euromonitor International explores six grownup hashish client archetypes making up the rising authorized hashish client base in 2021, and outlined as beneath:
- The Seasoned Consumer: Long time common customers who use hashish to boost their well-being. 24% of those customers endure from excessive or excessive stress whereas 64% are strongly in favour of leisure legalisation.
- The Casual Social: Younger, newer customers leveraging cannabinoid merchandise as a part of their wider life. 75% of them take nutritional vitamins or well being dietary supplements at the least month-to-month, whereas 61% are strongly in favour of leisure legalisation.
- The Dabbler: Occasional hashish customers, acquainted and cozy with the substance however unlikely to see it as a key a part of their way of life. 68% are in favour of its legalisation for medical use whereas 45% imagine authorized hashish needs to be at the least as extensively out there as tobacco and alcohol.
- The Cannacurious: A broad client group with an curiosity in adult-use hashish consumption if legalised of their nations however with restricted information about cannabinoid merchandise. 56% are in favour of legalisation for medical use, whereas solely 43% assist adult-use liberalisation.
- The Unsparked: Consumers who’re outwardly damaging in the direction of hashish use however categorical sufficient uncertainty that many might be persuaded to interact additional. 18% of those customers imagine that hashish is unsafe, whereas 8% see hashish as one thing that enhances a person’s way of life.
- The Naysayer: Strongly in opposition to grownup use – solely 8% in favour of legalisation – they don’t seem to be a right away goal for producers and model homeowners. 51% state that they both haven’t any or low ranges of every day stress – the least pressured of all profiles.
“Cannabis user profiling is also relevant for cannabis-adjacent FMCG industries as more global consumers have access to cannabinoid-infused products. Cannabinoid consumers report drinking less alcohol, smoking less and taking fewer consumer health products across markets,” says Shane MacGuill, senior trade supervisor for Nicotine and Cannabis at Euromonitor International.
Download Euromonitor’s ‘Breaking Stereotypes: Getting to Know the Cannabis Consumer’ white paper to discover the important thing traits of the rising authorized hashish client.
About Euromonitor International
Euromonitor International is the world’s main supplier for international enterprise intelligence, market evaluation and client insights. From native to international and tactical to strategic, our analysis options assist selections on how, the place and when to develop your online business. Find the precise report, database or customized answer to validate priorities, redirect assumptions and uncover new alternatives. With places of work world wide, analysts in over 100 nations, the most recent information science methods and market analysis on each key pattern and driver, we aid you make sense of world markets.