Salary $150,000 – $200,000 a 12 months
Job Type Full-time / Part-time / Contract
Number of hires for this position 1
The hashish trade is likely one of the quickest rising segments of the economic system, and mental property (IP) is turning into an more and more necessary component for the sustained progress of the trade. The way forward for IP improvement, transactions, licensing, and litigation for the hashish trade is now being established, and great alternative exists for knowledgeable IP practitioners to ascertain themselves as main figures and thought leaders within the hashish trade.
The Company has an trade main patent portfolio and progress technique and is looking for a patent litigator with a minimum of six years of patent litigation and PTAB expertise. The chosen candidate will instantly deal with day-to-day case and licensing calls for within the fast-growing hashish and hemp industries. This requires an entrepreneurial spirit and somebody with a variety of technical, authorized, and enterprise improvement and negotiation abilities. This position will present the candidate with a chance to be on the forefront of patent enforcement for the hashish trade.
- Initiate, defend, and handle publish issuance patent proceedings corresponding to publish grant opinions, inter partes opinions, oppositions, and patent litigation.
- Handle all phases of litigation: pleadings, discovery, depositions, motions observe, hearings, pre-trial and trial, mediation, settlement. Establish and develop streamlined SOPs for all patent proceedings.
- Participate in: acquisition and licensing negotiations in each contentions and non-contentious settings; licensing campaigns; due diligence; and the drafting, reviewing, and negotiation of agreements masking mental property rights.
- Proactive and resourceful, with capability to successfully handle a number of priorities, deadlines, ambiguity, and working in novel conditions.
- Assist in figuring out potential property for acquisition and licensing, worldwide patent prosecution and portfolio administration, patent drafting, IP audits, thought era and harvesting, and IP partnership duties with choose companions.
- Generally, a minimum of six years of patent litigation expertise, we welcome candidates with considerably extra expertise.
- Registration to observe earlier than the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the flexibility to deal with IPRs and IPR protection.
- Bar membership in good standing in your state of residence with desire given to these licensed to observe in Oregon, California, and/or Colorado.
- Scientific diploma(s), with a desire for natural chemistry, engineering, and/or physics. Formulation, pharmaceutical, and chemical experience is appreciated, together with botanical extraction (water, ethanol, Co2, hydrocarbon (butane), polar and non-polar solvents). Cannabis and hemp particular expertise is appreciated however not required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $150,000.00 – $200,000.00 per 12 months