Skymint Brands seeks an skilled and completed coverage skilled for the position of Director of Government Relations. This place is chargeable for main the interactions with native, state and federal authorities, together with all regulatory businesses of jurisdiction, with the intention to advance a regulatory surroundings that fosters an expert hashish trade. The place reviews to the Chief Government Affairs Officer and would be the direct report for the Manager of Public Affairs and Communication. It requires collaboration with the authorized division, in addition to interplay with different enterprise and operations executives to tell, develop and advocate for the corporate’s place on public coverage.
- Represent the corporate’s positions earlier than native, state and federal authorities with a concentrate on Michigan, however in all areas the place Skymint Brands holds or is in pursuit of a enterprise license
- Assist the Chief Government Affairs Officers on total political and advocacy technique for native, state and federal authorities(s)
- Foster all obligatory political relationships, together with elected officers and bureaucrats
- Participate in numerous commerce associations, stakeholder teams, legislative and coverage workgroups
- Manage the path of any contract foyer corporations engaged by Skymint Brands
- Ensure compliance with all lobbying necessities
- Direct the Manager of Public Affairs and Communication in help of the federal government affairs division actions
- Monitor all native, county, state and federal points and analyze the affect to the corporate
- Establish and handle an organization political motion committee (PAC)
- Provide PAC strategic path, together with fundraising, candidate endorsement processes and all concern advocacy campaigns
- Provide evaluation and path on key races (native, county, state and federal) and fundraising initiatives
- Public spokesperson for the Skymint Brand’s coverage and political points as wanted
- Minimum six (6) years of associated expertise in company, company, legislative or well being care setting.
- Bachelor’s diploma in public coverage, public relations, communications or associated subject OR 4 (4) years of expertise in a immediately associated subject.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Requires information and expertise in lobbying or different political work.
- Experience with coalition constructing and political motion committees (PAC)
- Excellent in quite a lot of word-processing and presentation software program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication expertise; interpersonal and crew work expertise.
- Ability to take care of excessive productiveness amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Excellent group expertise.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(ok) matching
- Dental insurance coverage
- Employee low cost
- Health insurance coverage
- Paid day off
- Vision insurance coverage