Interesting to see that MJ Biz & Arcview each put their arms out …
Week Week write…….
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) blocked corporations that derive income from “marijuana-related activities” from claiming federal COVID reduction funds. But Ignite isn’t the one cannabis-sector firm to have received them.
- Loan recipients included high-profile California brand Caliva, which obtained between $2M and $5M. Caliva declined to remark.
- Legislation360 additionally discovered Akerna (the tech firm previously often known as MJFreeway) obtained a mortgage, as did its competitor Metrc, which stated it returned the cash. Akerna didn’t reply to a request for remark.
- Arcview obtained between $150,000 and $350,000. The investor community didn’t reply to a request for remark.
- Government knowledge says funds firm Hypur obtained a mortgage, however the firm denied it.
- Anne Holland Ventures, writer of MJBiz, obtained a mortgage, as did beleaguered social community MassRoots. Asked for remark, each stated they don’t contact the plant.