Learn about latest modifications to hashish ordinances and upcoming poll initiatives in a number of municipalities.
In this version we’ve got updates on the brand new hashish ordinances in Portland, Maine and Tracy, California, in addition to information on upcoming poll measures in Anaheim, CA and Jurupa Valley, CA.
Read on to see the essential regulation updates our analysis group has found.
Get regulation updates FIRST in CREC Network Board – Paid members of the CREC Network get first entry to the complete updates in comparison with the transient overviews we current in regulation watch blogs. Get entry to our full units of information by becoming a member of the CREC Network.
Hire us to develop predictive evaluation and customized maps – Select any area you’re pursuing and have an enormous leg up in your rivals! The CREC Research Team can create customized maps for any municipality utilizing the CREC Portal and present the due diligence required for creating an entire image of a area.
Contact CREC Team about ordering your customized regulation maps!
May 21st, 2020 – Commercial Cannabis Legalized in Portland, Maine and New Ordinances, COVID-19 updates, and Ballot Proposals in Californian Cities
Portland, the biggest metropolis within the state of Maine handed an ordinance on 5/18/2020 to permit and regulate industrial hashish makes use of within the metropolis.
The metropolis will permit the next license sorts:
- Cultivation – Tier 1 license shall permit the license holder to domesticate as much as 500 sq. ft. of marijuana plant cover
- Cultivation – Tier 2 license shall permit the license holder to domesticate as much as 2,000 sq. ft. of marijuana plant cover
- Cultivation – Tier Three license shall permit the license holder to domesticate greater than 2,000 sq. ft. of marijuana plant cover
- Manufacturing – Manual. A guide manufacturing license shall permit the license holder to fabricate marijuana utilizing guide processing solely.
- Manufacturing – High Hazard. A excessive hazard manufacturing license shall permit the license holder to fabricate marijuana utilizing chemical substances and solvents along with guide processing strategies.
- Retail – Medical.
- Retail – Adult Use
- Small Scale Caregiver. A small scale caregiver license shall permit a registered caregiver to interact within the enterprise of a small scale caregiver, together with cultivation, guide processing, and restricted gross sales to sufferers, as outlined.
The variety of retail shops and dispensaries within the City mixed shall be capped at 20 and town will use a degree system to judge candidates precedence given to the next teams:
- socially and economically deprived particular person(s),
- enterprise homeowners, medical hashish caregivers,
- these with $150,000 within the financial institution,
- and firms who pay a residing wage and present worker advantages or donate 1 p.c of earnings to town for substance abuse prevention.
For full particulars on the brand new rules and detailed software info comply with this hyperlink: https://portlandme.civicclerk.com/Web/GenFile.aspx?ad=5336
City council of Tracy is finalizing tips for the appliance course of for industrial hashish licenses, and anticipate they may have the appliance interval open from July 6, 2020 to August 5, 2020
License sorts will embody cultivation (indoor solely), distribution, manufacturing, microbusiness, retailer – non-storefront (supply solely), retailer – storefront (dispensary), and testing laboratory.
The metropolis can also be contemplating a November poll proposal to set a enterprise tax which shall cumulatively not exceed 15% of gross receipts on industrial hashish actions.
- Application submittal to the City
- Phase 1 Eligibility Review: City evaluate of the functions for completeness and analysis in opposition to the choice standards. During Phase 1, all functions scoring a minimal of 80% shall be deemed eligible to proceed to Phase 2. During Phase 1, the City can even consider every software in opposition to any automated disqualifying standards.
- Phase 2 Final Scoring and Permit Award: Applicants for every type receiving a minimal rating of 80% shall be permitted to advance to Phase 2 throughout which candidates should undergo the City the extent of the proposed Community Benefit for closing scoring of the functions. The permits could also be awarded to the 4 (4) candidates of every enterprise kind recognized as receiving the very best cumulative rating from Phase 1 and Phase 2.
Full particulars on the appliance course of and municipal rules for hashish companies may be discovered within the connected hyperlinks under.
Monterey County, California
In response to the financial downturn from the COVID-19 pandemic, the Monterey County board of supervisors adopted an ordinance on 5/19/20 to droop the Fiscal Year 2020-2021 automated will increase on the County’s industrial hashish enterprise tax charges, and resume the automated will increase in Fiscal Year 2021-2022 on July 1, 2022.
Find full particulars on the longer term tax will increase within the ordinance connected under.
El Monte, California
Due to COVID-19 considerations, town of El Monte has prolonged their deadline for submitting industrial hashish enterprise functions to June 15th.
On December 3, 2019, the City Council adopted Ordinance No. 2960. Effective January 2, 2020, the Ordinance approved medicinal and grownup use hashish cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, testing, and permits a most of six (6) retail licenses within the City.
Jurupa Valley, California
Jurupa Valley metropolis council will focus on a November poll proposal that may improve the industrial hashish tax and undertake new regulatory necessities for hashish companies throughout their May 21st assembly.
Proposed Regulatory Changes:
- A cap of seven retail dispensaries within the metropolis
- New software course of necessities and analysis standards (see connected paperwork for full particulars)
- Only one retailer could also be positioned inside every Retail Cannabis Area, aside from authorized non-conforming makes use of.
- A setback requirement of a 600 foot radius of a faculty offering instruction in kindergarten or any grades 1 by 12, day care heart, youth heart, church or non secular facility, or park that’s in existence on the time the totally accomplished software for the allow is submitted to the City.
New Tax Rate:
- cultivation: $10 per sq. foot of cover area in a facility that makes use of completely synthetic lighting.
- testing laboratory: one p.c (1 %) of gross receipts.
- retailer: Four p.c ( 4%) of gross receipts .
- distribution enterprise: two p.c (2%) of gross receipts.
- manufacturing , processing , or microbusiness (non-retail), or every other kind of hashish enterprise : Two and half p.c (2.5%) of gross receipts.
At the June 9, 2020 common assembly, the City Council is about to contemplate approval of the primary and second steps in a 3-step course of towards legalizing, taxing and regulating industrial hashish distribution, manufacturing, cultivation, retail gross sales, deliveries and testing laboratories. This Ordinance shall solely take impact and turn out to be operative if the electors of the City of Anaheim approve a City Council-sponsored tax measure for Commercial Cannabis Activities on the November 3, 2020 basic municipal election.
The three steps required are:
- Approval of a metropolis ordinance permitting industrial hashish in Anaheim, together with detailed rules.
- A poll initiative to implement a tax on hashish companies permitted by voters within the Nov. 3, 2020 election.
- Development of an software course of and choice standards for companies that want to open and function in Anaheim.
The June 9 consideration of those two gadgets, a poll initiative and a proposed ordinance, adopted a City Council vote to postpone the merchandise that was thought-about on May 12, 2020.
Under the proposed ordinance hashish companies might function solely in industrial zones, and no hashish companies could possibly be positioned inside 600 toes of faculties, day care facilities, youth facilities, public libraries or public parks.
Custom Cannabis Regulations / Zoning Maps
Full Regulatory Map for City of your Choice
Know precisely the place ALL the viable properties are for industrial hashish within the space you select.
Custom regulatory map analysis comes with:
- Predictive Analysis
- Property Due Diligence Report
- Municipality Regulation Summary
- City Market Analysis
- Discount Compliance Services
- Nationwide properties on the market, for lease, leases expiring inside a 12 months, and off market.
- And More!
Use our analysis group to be forward of the curve and prepared for brand spanking new cities/municipalities earlier than everybody else!
View Map or Portal Pricing
Join our publication to have hashish regulation updates despatched on to your inbox.
All Municipality / City Regulation Update Posts
- September 24, 2019 Updates: Oxnard, Santa Rosa, Thousand Oaks, Sacramento, Colton, Novato, Sonoma County, Fairfax, Davis, Humboldt
- October 1, 2019 Updates: Illinois Adult-Use Cannabis License Application Details & FAQs
- October 2, 2019 Updates: Humboldt County, Long Beach, Sonoma County, Washington State
- October 14, 2019 Updates: Culver City, City of Berkley, El Dorado, Humboldt, Washington State, Fort Bragg, Sonoma County, Morro Bay
- October 22, 2019 Updates: Fairfax, Humboldt County, Mendota, La Mesa, Culver City, Oxnard, Ventura City, Marysville
- October 29, 2019 Updates: City of Marina, Culver City, City of San Anselmo, City of Barstow, City of San Luis Obispo, Santa Rosa, Fresno, and Port Hueneme
- November 26, 2019 Updates: Stanton, Oxnard, Thousand Oaks, Benicia, Sacramento, Marysville, Pomona, and San Fernando City
- December 18, 2019 Updates: El Monte, Fresno, Sacramento
- January 28, 2020 Updates: Bank Safe Act, Grand Rapids Michigan, Knox County Illinois, Washington, and Illinois.
- March 11th, 2020 Update: Corona, Chico, El Centro, and La Habra
- March 17th, 2020 Update: Pomona, CA – Cannabis Applications & Regulations Details
- March 30th, 2020 Update: Crescent City, Concord, Redwood City, and San Leandro
- April 16th, 2020 Update: Cannabis Regulation Watch – Hemp Updates – California, South Carolina, and West Virginia